SCHOLARLY BOOKS AND MONOGRAPHS
- Bryan Mercurio, Simon Lester and Lorand Bartels (eds), Bilateral and Regional Trade Agreements: Case Studies. (Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2016) 173 pgs.
- Bryan Mercurio, Simon Lester and Lorand Bartels (eds), Bilateral and Regional Trade Agreements: Commentary and Analysis. (Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2016) 466 pgs.
- Bryan Mercurio and Michael Handler (eds), ‘Intellectual Property’ in ed. by Simon Lester, Bryan Mercurio and Lorand Bartels (eds), Bilateral and Regional Trade Agreements: Analysis and Commentary (Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2016) 324-363.
- Bryan Mercurio, ‘Safeguarding Public Welfare? – Intellectual Property Rights, Health and the Continuing Evolution of Treaty Drafting in International Investment Agreements’ (2015) 6 (2) Journal of International Dispute Settlement 252-276.
- Bryan Mercurio and Daria Kim, ‘Foreign Direct Investment in the Pharmaceutical Industry – What are the Key Determinants? A Case Study of Singapore and Hong Kong’ (2015) 10 (2) Asian Journal of Comparative Law 235-257.
CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR PAPERS
- Bryan Mercurio, ‘A Study on ASEAN Services Liberalization Beyond 2015: An Assessment and Recommendatory Report’ (Paper presented at The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Coordinating Committee on Services, Association of Southeast Asian Nations , Jakarta, Indonesia, 10 August 2015) 1-61.
- Bryan Mercurio and Robert Stephen Nagy, ‘No Threat to China’, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong), 15 October 2015.
- Bryan Mercurio, ‘Profiles of the cabinet and shadow cabinet (responsible for Minister and Shadow Minister of Trade’, The Conversation Sydney, Australia: The Conversation, 4 April 2016.
- Does the international intellectual property law framework need a facelift? in ‘Judges in Conversation’ series with Justice John Middleton, Federal Court of Australia organized by University of Melbourne, Melbourne Law School, Australia (2016-05)
- 21st Century Trade Game: Balancing East Asian Interests in Distinguished Lecture Series organized by International Christian University, Department of International Relations, Japan (2016-02)
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP): Broader Effects on Stability and Predictability in Asi in KEYS 2016 organized by Kamenori Foundation, Japan (2016-02)
- Waiting for Godot?: The TPP and Textiles in The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and its effects on Hong Kong Fashion Industry organized by Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong Institution of Textile and Apparel, Hong Kong (2016-01)
- The Effect of International Investment Agreements on Public Health in Distinguished Alumni Lunchtime Seminar Series organized by Case Western Reserve University, School of Law (2015-08)
- Safeguarding Public Welfare? -Intellectual Property Rights, Health and the Evolution of Treaty Drafting in International Investment Agreements in CICL Distinguished Speaker Series organized by Saint Louis University, School of Law, and the Center for International and Comparative Law (2015-08)
- The American Pivot to Asia on Trade: The Effect of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on Asia in Distinguished Alumni Speaker Series organized by Ohio Wesleyan University (2015-08)
- Re-designing ASEAN Trade in Services: Liberalization through Integration (with familiar characteristics) in GELN CCLSR Seminar organized by University of Melbourne, Global Economic Law Network and the Centre for Corporate Law and Securities Regulation (2015-07)
- Confluence or Conflict?: The effect of the IMF’s Acceptance of Capital Controls in The Political Economy of Financial Regulation organized by Centre for Financial Regulation and Economic Development, CUHK, Hong Kong (2016-06)
- Confluence or Contradictory: Understanding & Managing the Conflicting Standards of the IMF, WTO & IIAs on Capital Controls in The Age of Mega-Regionals: TPP & Regulatory Autonomy in IEL organized by University of Melbourne, Melbourne Law School, Australia (2016-05)
- Plain Packaging and the international legal framework in Intellectual Property Implications of the Government’s Proposed Plain Packaging for the Tobacco Industry organized by Singapore International Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (2016-03)
- Patent Provisions and Health: The evolution of international investment agreements in New Generation of FTAS and their implications on health systems and policies organized by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), Thailand (2016-03)
- Enhancing IP Research in Asia: The Example of Patent Linkage in 2nd VIPP Roundtable organized by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law, Hong Kong (2016-03)
- Competition Policy in Free Trade Agreements: The TPP in AmCham Trade Policy Panel organized by American Chamber of Commerce Transportation & Logistics Section, Hong Kong, , Hong Kong (2016-02)
- When Trade Meets Investment: The Continuing Evolution of Patent Provisions in International Investment Agreements in IPScholars Asia Conference 2016 organized by Asian IP Scholars Network/Singapore Management University, Singapore (2016-01)
- Intellectual Property Provisions in International Investment Agreements: Positive Trend but Continuing Worries in Asia FDI Forum organized by CUHK Faculty of Law, Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (Columbia University) and Oxfam Hong Kong, Hong Kong (2015-11)
- Trade, Intellectual Property Rights and Sustainable Development in Sustainable Development and International Law: Current Issues and Future Challenges organized by CUHK Faculty of Law and the Consulate of France to Hong Kong and Macau, Hong Kong (2015-10)
- The Proliferation of Patent Linkage through Free Trade Agreements: Soon to be the norm in Asia-Pacific? in 2015 Joint IEL Asia Conference on “Regionalism in Asia-Pacific and Beyond: Challenges and Opportunities” organized by Asian WTO Research Network, Asian International Economic Law Network and the Australia-New Zealand Society of International Law (2015-07)