This webinar will address the following aspects of international investment treaty arbitration:
- Attracting foreign investment
- Investment protection
- Economic sectors
- Substantive protections
- Access to Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS)
- Investment treaty arbitration case numbers
- Evolution of the ISDS system
- Key trends in ISDS
- Access to other forms of ADR
This webinar will explore the above aspects with specific reference to Hong Kong.
About the Speaker:
Elizabeth Chan is an Associate at Three Crowns in London. She specialises in international commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration. She has represented clients in arbitration proceedings under various rules, and seated in various global jurisdictions. She also holds leadership roles in various organisations, including as a:
- Board Member of ArbitralWomen and Co-Director of Young ArbitralWomen Practitioners
- Member of the Equal Representation in Arbitration Young Practitioners Steering Committee
- Member of the CPR Young Leaders in Alternative Dispute Resolution Steering Committee
- Founding Member of ARBinBRIEF.
The Law Society of Hong Kong has awarded this seminar 1 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) point.