Zhao Yuhong joined the Chinese University of Hong Kong in September 2006. Her teaching and research expertise includes Chinese environmental law, Chinese civil law, and comparative law. She has published on circular economy, soil contamination, environmental enforcement, environmental dispute resolution, environmental impact assessment, and climate law and policy among others. Professor Zhao is a Fellow of the United College.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BA, LLB (Peking University)
- MSL (Vermont Law School)
- PhD (City University of Hong Kong)
- CUHK Young Researcher Award, 2008/2009
- Environmental Law
- Chinese and Comparative Law
- Chinese Marriage Law
- Chinese Environmental Law (CUP, 2021).
- Contaminated Land in China – The Legal Regime and Its Weakest Links, 16 University of Pennsylvania Asian Law Review 150-211 (2020).
- China in Transition Towards a Circular Economy – From Policy to Practice, 12 Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law 187-202 (2020).
- Environmental Principles in China, in Ludwig Kramer and Emanuela Orlando, eds. Principles of Environmental Law, 424-436 (Edward Elgar, 2018).
- Environmental Enforcement in China: Inspection and Sanction under the Revised Environmental Protection Law 2014, 1 Environmental Liability 26-35 (Sept 2016).
- Mediation of Environmental Disputes, 10 The Journal of Comparative Law 237-253 (2015, no.2).
- Climate Change Mitigation – Law and Policy Development in China, 12 Journal for European Environmental & Planning Law 305-326 (2015).
- Innovative Measures to Improve Environmental Law Enforcement in China, 4 China-EU Law Journal 155-172 (2015).
- Mitigating Climate Change in China – From Commitments to Action, 25 Environmental Law and Management 88-92 (2013).
- (Book Review) Environmental Law in China – Mitigating Risk and Ensuring Compliance, By Charles R. McElwee 25 Journal of Environmental Law 163-166 (2013).
- Responding to the Global Challenge of Climate Change – Hong Kong and “One Country Two Systems”, 5 Carbon and Climate Law Review 70-81 (2011).
- Public Participation in China’s EIA Regime: Rhetoric or Reality? 22 Journal of Environmental Law 89-123 (2010).