The Sir TL Yang Society
Aims & Objectives
The overall aim of the Society is to:
- provide intellectual, scholarly and social support for students of the Faculty of Law at The Chinese University of Hong Kong in their pursuit of legal studies;
- enable students of the Faculty to develop their academic potential and professional ethics; and
- provide a platform on which accomplished people (in particular those from the legal profession) connected with the Faculty can share their experience and expertise with students.
In the pursuit of its overall aim, the specific objectives of the Society include:
- Promoting the general welfare of the members of the Society with a particular emphasis on the intellectual, professional and career development of all Student Members;
- Organizing and supporting student activities of the Faculty;
- Assisting, supporting and coordinating, where necessary, the running of student newsletters and other publications;
- Supporting and assisting in the organization of social functions for students of the Faculty, including hosting gatherings and receptions for alumni, students, mentors and visiting scholars and the Law High Table Dinners; and
- Coordinating and supporting professional development programmes for Student Members including the administration of the Study Abroad Programme and award of related bursaries, where applicable, exchange programmes, mooting and advocacy, cultural activities and international contacts.