JD/MBA Double Degree
The JD/MBA Programme is an integrated postgraduate double-degree that is academically rigorous and professional enriching leading to the award of both a Juris Doctor (JD) degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. This Programme is jointly hosted by the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Business Administration and is the first of its kind in Asia. It is specifically designed to equip you with the education and skills required for leadership roles in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Asia.
|Medium of instruction:
|How and when to apply:
You may apply by using our on-line application process at the University's Graduate School webpage within the application period, which normally starts by late November every year.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged.
Applicants must meet rigorous academic, English Language Proficiency and work experience requirements.More
You must have:
- graduated from a recognised university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in a non law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an Honours Programme of a recognised university with a Bachelor’s degree in a non-law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, achieving an average grade of not lower than “B” in undergraduate courses; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- Full-time Mode: the Programme type is “MBA, Full-time”, code is R9H-0W-26; and
- Part-time Mode: The Programme type is “MBA, Part-time”, code is R9H-0W-08.
English Language Proficiency Requirement:
- You must also satisfy the English Language Proficiency Requirement by:
PETS scores will not be considered as an alternative evidence.
- possessing a Bachelor’s degree obtained by completing a programme of study in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country, or which was taught primarily in the English Language; or
- achieving a result of Band 7.5 or better in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), which result was obtained not more than two years prior to the date of applying to join the JD/MBA Programme; or
- achieving a result of 600 (Paper Based Test) or 100 (Internet Based Test) or better in the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), which result was obtained not more than two years prior to the date of applying to join the JD/MBA Programme; or
- providing alternative evidence of English Proficiency equivalent to one of the preceding measures.
- For the Full-time Programme: 3 years’ post-qualification full-time work experience or recognised professional qualifications are expected;
- For the Part-time Programme: at least 3 years’ post qualification full-time work experience or recognised professional qualifications.
- Full-time: 36 months (normative study period).
- Part-time: 60 months (normative study period).
- For JD courses: the CUHK Graduate Law Centre, 2/F, Bank of America Tower, Central.
- For MBA courses: (1) the University main campus in Shatin; and (2) the Town Centre of MBA, 1/F, Bank of America Tower, Central.
- Full-time mode: 102 units: including 60 units of JD component and 42 units of MBA components;
- Part-time mode: 96 units: including 60 units of JD component and 36 units of MBA components;
- Minimum Cumulative grade-point average: for both the JD and MBA components of the Programme. Students who do not satisfy this requirement will be dropped from the Programme.
- IT Proficiency Requirement: all students are required to pass the University IT Proficiency Test before they graduate.
- Study Sequence (JD component)
- Course Information
- Students may also take elective courses offered in the LLM Programmes at the Faculty of Law
- Course and unit exemptions: may be granted. Please click here for details.
|Additional learning & development opportunities:
JD component: HK$4,200 per unit for a total of 60 units within normative study period*
*Subject to annual review.
|Scholarships and Financial Aid:
|Further study options:
- Postgraduate studies for Master or PhD degrees.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) (on completion of required elective courses and meeting other rigorous admission requirements).
For information concerning the MBA component, please refer to the Faculty of Business Administration.