|Medium of instruction:
|How and when to apply:
||You may apply through the following admission schemes:
- JUPAS (S6 Hong Kong Students who sit the HKDSE); or
- Non-JUPAS (school leavers who sit for examinations other than the HKDSE).
For further information please visit the University's Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
Students must satisfy rigorous requirements stipulated by the University and Faculty (More information for JUPAS and Non-JUPAS applicants).
If you have already obtained a first degree but are interested in studying law you should apply for the Juris Doctor (JD) Programme.
||Four years full-time.
||University main campus in Shatin.
||127 units (90 units of law subjects, 37 credits consisting of General Education courses, Language requirements, Physical Education, IT and non-law electives).
||A mix of lecture and small group tutorial teaching.
- Wide range of elective subjects
- American Law (Summer Course)
- Banking and the Law
- Business and Law in China
- Business and Law in Hong Kong
- Chinese Civil Law
- Chinese Criminal Procedure
- Chinese Environmental Law
- Chinese Law Internship
- Chinese Law (Summer Course)
- Chinese Tax Law and Policy
- Comparative Law
- Construction and the Law
- Corporate Crime and Social Responsibility
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Development and the Law
- Ethics and the Law
- Exploring the Law through Liberal Studies: Law Students as Teachers in Experiential Learning
- Gender and the Law
- Health and the Law
- Human Rights and the Law
- Human Rights and the Law in the People’s Republic of China
- Insurance and the Law
- Intellectual Property and the Law
- International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- International Criminal Law
- International Investment Law Principles and Practice
- International Law (Summer Course)
- International Legal Advocacy
- International Sales Disputes
- International Trade and Finance Law
- Internship (non-credit bearing)
- Introduction to Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Introduction to Arbitration Theory and Practice
- Jessup International Law Moot
- Law of Succession
- Legal History
- Personal Property and the Law
- Planning and the Law
- Public International Law
- Public Listed Companies and the Law
- Refugee Clinical Legal Assistance Programme
- Refugee Pro Bono Project
- Shipping and the Law
- Taxation and the Law
- The Environment and the Law
- The Family and the Law
- The Internet and the Law
- Transnational Business and the Law
- WTO and the Law
- Double degree options designed to provide students with maximum flexibility:
- LLB & Bachelor of Arts (Translation) BA(TRA); and
- LLB & Bachelor of Social Science (Sociology) (BSSc(Sociology)).
- Exchange Programmes with overseas universities.
|Additional learning & development opportunities:
||HK $42,100 per year (subject to annual review).
|Admission to practice:
||You are qualified to be eligible for admission as a Solicitor or Barrister of the High Court of Hong Kong after completing a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) and a training contract (2 years) or pupillage (1 year).