Named after the Honourable Sir TL Yang, former Chief Justice of Hong Kong, the Sir TL Yang Society is a society for students organized by the Faculty of Law.The Society arranges an array of activities and social functions to assist students in their academic and professional development. The Society organizes:
- the Annual Reception for Distinguished Professional Mentors and High Table Dinners;
- the pairing of each LLB student with a Distinguished Professional Mentor and Academic Advisor;
- career talks, advice on job interviewing skills, and assistance for students in preparing their curriculum vitae;
- guest lectures on topics of interest; and
- visits to Courts, Tribunals, Commissions and correctional facilities in Hong Kong.
The Society also encourages and supports student participation in debating, mooting, client interview and negotiation competitions, and drama and musical events.
The Summer Study Abroad Programme: the Society provides a travel bursary of up to HK$10,000 for each LLB student during their course of studies towards the cost of attending the Summer Study Abroad Programme. Our students travel in groups and attend lectures and seminars provided by host institutions which will include visits and exposure to the legal system and culture of the visiting country.