RESEARCH & EXPERTISE
- Areas & Projects
- Research Centres
- Publications & Presentations
- Grants & Funds
- Awards & Prizes
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
ACADEMIC YEAR - 2014-15
- Mimi Zou, 'Hyper-Dependence and Hyper-Precarity in Migrant Work Relations' in Tindara Addabbo, William Bromwich, Tommaso Fabbri and Iacopo Senatori (eds), Labour and Social Rights. An Evolving Scenario. Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference in Commemoration of Marco Biagi (Torino: G. Giappichelli Editore, 1st ed, 2015) 255-284.
- Mimi Zou, 'The Legal Construction of Precarious Migrant Work Relations: A Study of Australia's 457-visa Scheme' in Massimo Pilati, Hina Sheikh, Francesca Sperotti and Chris Tilly (eds), How Global Migration Changes the Workforce Diversity Equation (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 1st ed, 2015) 451-482.
- Mimi Zou, 'The Coming of Age: Mandatory Retirement and Age Discrimination Law' (2015) Hong Kong Lawyer Feature Article.
- Mimi Zou, 'The Legal Construction of Hyper-Dependence and Hyper-Precarity in Migrant Work Relations' (2015) 31(2) The International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations 141-162.
- Mimi Zou, 'Immigration Law as Labour Market Regulation: Temporary Migration Status and Migrant Work Relations' (2015) 1 Mondi Migranti 43-64.
Conference and Seminar Papers
- Mimi Zou, 'Labour Rights with Chinese Characteristics?' (Paper presented at World Social Sciences and Humanities Network International Research Seminar on Towards a Cross-Cultural Human Rights Dialogue, Peking University Law School, 22-23 September 2014).
- Mimi Zou, 'The Bonfire of the Illegalities: Will China's New Immigration Law Combat Illegal Entry, Illegal Residence and Illegal Work?' (Paper presented at European China Law Studies Association Annual Conference Hong Kong, 15 November 2014).
- Mimi Zou, 'Legal Issues of Disclosure and Consent' (Paper presented at Clinical Ethics Grand Round of the Hospital Authority and Faculty of Medicine, CUHK Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, 11 March 2015).
- Mimi Zou, 'The Legal Construction of Temporary Migrant Labour: the Hyper-dependent and Hyper-precarious Worker' (Paper presented at a joint seminar hosted by the Labour Law and Migration Law Discussion Groups, University of Oxford, 26 May 2015).
- Mimi Zou, 'The "New" Guestworker? Rethinking the Ethics of Temporary Labour Migration Programme' (Paper presented at St Cross Special Ethics Seminar, University of Oxford, 4 June 2015).
- Mimi Zou, 'Regulating for Flexibility? Rationales for Temporary Labour Migration Programmes' (Paper presented at Seminar on Temporary Labour Migration in a Globalised World: The Regulatory Challenges, Onati International Institute for the Sociology of Law, 11-12 June 2015).
- Mimi Zou, 'Law and Ageing in China: Developing a Relational Perspective' (Paper presented at Hart Workshop on Law and Ageing of Humankind London, School of Advance Studies, University of London, 23 June 2015).
- Mimi Zou, 'Human Rights are a Business Issue Too', South China Morning Post (Hong Kong, 22 May 2015).
- The 'New' Guestworker? Rethinking the Ethics of Temporary Labour Migration Programme in St Cross Special Ethics Seminar organized by University of Oxford (2015-06)
- The Legal Construction of Temporary Migrant Labour: the Hyper-dependent and Hyper-precarious Worker in Labour Law and Migration Law Discussion Group organized by Faculty of Law, University of Oxford (2015-06)
- Labour Rights with Chinese Characteristics? in International Research Seminar on Towards a Cross- Cultural Human Rights Dialogue organized by World Social Sciences and Humanities Network and Peking University Law School (2014-09)
All Other Outputs
- Goudkamp, J. & Zou, M. 'The Defence of Illegality in Tort Law: Beyond Judicial Redemption? (2015) 74 Cambridge Law Journal 13.
- Zou, M. & Goudkamp, J., 'Hounga v Allen  UKSC 47' (2015) 21 Journal of Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law 56.