Steven Gallagher is Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning). Steven has taught equity and trusts, land law, company law, insolvency law and cultural heritage law. His research interests include cultural heritage, legal history and equity. He is currently researching issues in cultural heritage law in Asia.
- LL.B. (First Class)
- LL.M. International Corporate and Financial Law
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Member, Editorial Committee of the Hong Kong Law Society’s journal, The Hong Kong Lawyer
- Consultant for the Department of Justice on the revisions to Hong Kong’s law of trusts to be implemented 1st December 2013
- Equity and trusts
- Cultural Heritage Law
- Legal History
- “The Curious Case of Chinese Customary Trusts in Hong Kong: Uncertain Past, but Bright Future?” (20/11/15) part of the second seminar series “Chinese Customary Law in Hong Kong” at the Faculty of law, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- “Cultural Heritage Law and Chinese cultural heritage” for the Digital Cultural Heritage, China Conference at the China Centre, University of Oxford with Peking University, 30 September – 2 October 2015.
- "One Culture, Two Systems: Changing Attitudes to Cultural Heritage Protection and Illicit Smuggling in Hong Kong and China” (With Toby Bull, Senior Inspector, Hong Kong Police). Art Crime Conference, Amelia, Umbria, Italy, 27 June 2015.
- “The horns of a dilemma: the Court’s choice between the spouse and creditors when considering resulting trusts.” The Hong Kong Family Law Association, 12th May 2015.
- Equity and the law of trusts in Hong Kong (2013) available free in PDF on request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Annotated Ordinances of Hong Kong: Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance (Cap 7), (LexisNexis: September 2014) with Professor Michael Ramsden
- Equity and the Law of Trusts: Centuries in the Making (London: GB Books, 2013)
- Fundamentals of Business Law (Singapore: Pearson South Asia Ltd, 2013)
- Shared Heritage: Management of British Warship Wrecks Overseas (English Heritage, 2009).
- ‘Confusing Criminal and Civil law: when may a hospital refuse to release a dead body?’ (2014) 22 The Journal of Law & Medicine 387- 397.
- ‘Placing your trust: a comparison of special trusts jurisdictions’ (2014) China Business Law Journal 5(8) (September), 51-57.
- ‘Trust in HK: Changes to trust law have mainland appeal’, China Business Law Journal (2013) 4 (9), 51-55.
- 'Museums and Human Remains: an Equitable Solution’ (2010) 17 International Journal of Cultural Property 65-86
- 'Raising the Dead: Exhumation and the Faculty Jurisdiction: Should we presume to exhume?’ (2010) 1 Web Journal of Current Legal Issues
- 'Protecting the Dead: Exhumation and the Ministry of Justice’  5 Web Journal of Current Legal Issues