This June, the CUHK Faculty of Law will host the inaugural Conference on Teaching and Learning in Law ‘Directions in Legal Education’ as part of the celebrations to mark its 10th anniversary.
The Teaching and Learning Conference aims to take stock of developments in legal education and consider future direction, both through developments in the techniques and technologies of teaching and learning, and in the needs of society for the teaching of law. It will provide a platform for academics, practitioners and students to discuss prospects for the future fulfilment of instructors’ roles as effective law teachers and the role of the legal profession in continuing to promote and implement legal education, focusing in particular on:
- Role(s) of the law school
- Curriculum design & evidence based learning
- Experiential learning
- Training for the profession
- Sociological perspectives on legal education
- Internationalising legal education
- Innovation & classroom technology
- Assessment & evaluation
- Student perspectives
- Language and learning
- Directions in legal education: which way next?
Date: 3-4 June 2016
Venue: 5/F Lee Shau Kee Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, New Territories, HKSAR
For more information, please visit the conference website